Jackson Lewis provides comprehensive legal advice, counseling and representation to plan sponsors, plan fiduciaries, insurers and employee pension, health and welfare and fringe benefit plans relating to:
- Tax-qualified defined plans, including defined benefit, cash balance, hybrid, money purchase, profit-sharing plans 401(k) plans, ESOPs, 403(b) plans, 457 plans and all related documentation.
- Practice before the IRS in defending audits, obtaining ruling letters and voluntary correction programs.
- Representing plans and plan sponsors in plan termination, merger, asset transfer and withdrawal liability matters. Executive compensation arrangements and employment agreements
- Non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements, including those subject to Code Section 409A
- Equity based compensation, incentive compensation and international pension planning
- Employee benefit plans in corporate mergers and acquisitions and related
- Fiduciary duty and prohibited transactions under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code, including the defense of benefit, fiduciary and other claims relating to plan operation, and the enforcement of their reimbursement, subrogation and other rights under the terms of the plan and law, and
- the protection, handling and use of employee-related data under both federal and local requirements.